Creativity & Inspiration
Online dating: a yes or no?
Most of the hours in the whole day are spent on the internet only. Don’t they? The online surfing through social media platform started to emerge into in a new form of dating- online dating. The approach to it was kind of scary and also shameful. But certainly with evolution in time, there are updated thoughts for online dating. Even statistics say that out of relations, 1 begins through the world and phase of an internet. Thus online dating can’t be that scary these days.
There are few advantages which are:
1. Introverts find it better: The introverts can’t easily express how they feel or even approach someone. This medium works perfectly for those people who are scared of going to people and talk.
2. Save time and money: Both these resources are ultimate and precious. Why not save both of these gems by opting for online dating? Through online dating one can save time and money and spend them on what you love, maybe buying few branded clothes!
3. Bye to awkwardness: One can easily get rid of being ashamed of people and attention through this medium of dating. Awkwardness levels drop at minimal. The people can now open up themselves to the person on the other side of the screen quite smoothly without having the stress to be judged.
4. Fear of rejection is gone: People who are really very afraid of being rejected can opt for this medium nowadays. Online dating makes it easier to accept the rejection. Through dying conversation, both of you can know that this won’t work further making it easy to draw out from such a relation.
5. A number of options: Here there are few options for you to choose. There won’t be even any mutual friends so you can know each other quite deeply. As there won’t be mutual friends there won’t be rumors in the town. Even if there’s heartbreak you can move on quite quickly as there won’t be further acquaintances.
There are advantages, but as said a coin has 2 sides, disadvantages would be there too, which are as follows:
1. Unreal: There are possibilities of lying to each other as you don’t face each other. There might be fake profiles, pictures, hobbies, style of talking, etc.
2. People won’t believe you: When you disclose an online relation, your friends might end up mocking on you for they won’t certainly believe in you. Online relations can be weak and fragile. There isn’t any guarantee of what we are falling into. Online dating won’t be believed in by many people.
3. No first times, dates etc: Due to online dating, you won’t be able to invest your time in knowing the partner closely as all information is already on the internet. You won’t be able to sense their expression to your texts or look at their face to read them. There won’t be multiple dates too.
4. No character check: You won’t know if the person you are dating online is truthful to you about the life or present relationship status. There can always be the chance of their having multiple relations without your knowing.